View Single Post
Old 05-01-15, 04:52 PM   #1617
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
You wont be punished, if that's what you mean... For me personally , invasion of Norway is the most interesting part of opening campaign, add to that secondary harbor photo reconnaissance missions in tight fjords with real navigation, truly something that can be experienced only with SH5 such as it is...
Thx again I hate punishements. I love the Norwegian campaign, I just used it as an example as something I can Ignore and it won t have consequenses

Quote:
I was very satisfied when I learned that tonnage bar and tonnage objectives are not important at all for overall campaign development. I will try to clarify this for you a little bit more...
Value points or small iron crosses are earned when you fulfill tonnage request defined in campaign.cfg file (aka tonnage bar). Those points are used only for messages which appears on the art-screen between campaigns and to unlock next available mission. In theory, this system should work OK, but unfortunately it is not like that. Almost all players today are experiencing famous tonnage bar bug where their tonnage is properly registered by the game but it is not registered by individual missions, so the whole concept brakes down.
Awww now we really touch the aching points. Especially this part :"and to unlock next available mission"

and this from page 102:
"Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER
Completing missions is important as they are worth Campaign Points thath you need a minimum of 8 from these 6 missions to successfully complete this first Total Germany Campaign before moving to the Happy Times Campaign.
Peter

Not really... Only victory/defeat message between campaigns depends of value points (AKA small Iron crosses). Player needs only one value point in order to complete campaign successfully ... "

Wich to me indicates total ignore of a "Macro Objective" like se coast NW approach etc is not advisable if u want to unlock next "mission"
Moving on to "Macro Objective" vs Mission.
Seem like these terms are used a bit messy . When it s stated :
"All of the "missions" are controlled by date - not by your progress in the game."
we talk about what the map call Macro Objectives right?(NW approach etc) not the Missions you request on map.(like take a photo in a fjord)
This leads to some confusion..look this thread that should be placed here from earlier today:http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=219977

OR is me who have got everything wrong.
Thx for ur unbelievable patience. All teachers ive had say I make things way more difficult than needed. I feel I m close to the goal now and hopefully this helps some others too
Quote:
Only last mission, SW approaches...If possible , at open seas without units in your vicinity...
Thx Even I understood this correct

Last edited by Husksubsky; 05-01-15 at 05:06 PM.
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote