View Single Post
Old 10-02-17, 10:41 PM   #40
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
It's (ish, give or take) a 413 yard distance to be firing which is pretty difficult unless you're experienced with weapons. This wasn't an amateur for sure. Automatic weapons at that distance for that event, oh yeah. Planned for sure.

Well, it's fairly long range but he had 20,000 people packed shoulder to shoulder, he did not need to be accurate. With that much range, it was difficult for the people on the ground to know where the fire was coming from, I bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
For the USA at least, it is extremely difficult for the average person to get an automatic weapon. There's a TON of paperwork and licensing involved and even then it's still illegal to hunt with an automatic weapon. In Missouri, you can't hunt with an automatic gun or a gun with magazine capacity over 10 and Missouri has very loose legislation.

They're not banned necessarily...but it is illegal for the average person to have one.

To buy an automatic weapon you have to have a full ATF/FBI background screening, fully register the firearm federally, fingerprints, recent photo, chief law enforcement approval, etc etc and it takes a long time.
I'm interested in learning if he has a legal automatic, or illegally modified semi-auto. I don't go for all the homemade full auto gimmicks, that should be illegal.

Wasn't there a girlfriend/partner or some female person of interest? I've heard she was interviewed/in Tokyo. Nothing since this morning.