View Single Post
Old 10-02-17, 05:08 PM   #33
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
You know the anti-gun people are going to howl over this one.
They're going to howl but the simple fact is that there are laws in place to keep people from having these guns already so I don't know what they're going to try to say beyond "take all of them"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
What I don't understand is why it took 3 hours to find out that the shooter was dead.
I don't know about you, but clearing buildings and rooms takes a while. There's 3309 rooms in that hotel based off of Wikipedia. Even if they saw the room he was firing from, he could have moved. I'm sure they cleared nearly every room for 5 floors up and down from where they had the report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Automatic weapon, 32nd floor, shooting across a street at a large concert crowd within a fenced area... There was some serious planning involved here.
Looking at the math, it's almost an impressive firing position. Definitely not by chance and definitely not a beginner. Roughly 400 yards out and assuming a story is 10 feet....It's (ish, give or take) a 413 yard distance to be firing which is pretty difficult unless you're experienced with weapons. This wasn't an amateur for sure. Automatic weapons at that distance for that event, oh yeah. Planned for sure.

Sure makes me feel good about the country concert I'm going to this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Too early to say but the authorities are suggesting at least one of the weapons may have been modified to allow fully automatic bursts of fire.
I'd say from the videos I've seen posted it's almost without a doubt. Whether it was modified or originally configured for full auto...it was firing too fast to even be a bump fire.