View Single Post
Old 10-04-08, 05:06 PM   #96
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy
Peabody, you may be reading the PM I just sent you now. But, it's been my experience that changing some files that have been previously loaded into a saved point can create CTD's when the game goes looking for a specific name of reference. It is always better to start a new campaign with the changes then to use an older save point that may get it's panties in a wad when it can't find a specific reference when it decides to look for it.
Ya, I was doing that, but one thing I didn't think of right away, unless I use a different name each time, it may still have the "problem" in the save game. I am not sure on that, don't know anything about the save game files or how they are set up.

And of course, I'm not sure that is where the problem is. I am going to have to start right back at square one, with stock file and add changes until the problem pops up again. Like I commented the worse part is that it isn't happening everytime. That makes it so much harder to find it.

Thanks for the info, any help appreciated. I am getting ready to take out the shotgun.:rotfl:.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote