View Single Post
Old 02-22-22, 11:09 AM   #806
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
As for waiting for the game/sim to load, knowing that I have seen mentions of up to 12 minutes... by some.. also located within the reams of posts across the spectrum of the SH3 threads section here...

I can't tell you to wait... or not to wait... that, is all up to you. All I can do, is to inform you... that it has been mentioned by other SH3 players... of having long wait times... & considering that SH3.. is now.. what... coming up on... 17 years, to the date (March 15th, 2005)

then add in heavy modifying it... all adds up to the likelihood, of it taking longer, before it boots up...

And all this, is NOT even touching any nudging, modifying... etc, of settings that may or may NOT have to be done, on all the different computers, to get it to work... at all.
M. M,
Your system has the most effect on loading times.
If you have standard Hard Drives? Swap them to SSD drives. You'd be amazed at the difference!
I run 2 SSD's of 500 Gig each. OS is on C drive. Most other stuff is on E drive. Including my DeskTop files!
I had a 1 terrabyte drive but test proved that was slower! So I did the 2 drives.