Old 01-25-21, 04:49 PM   #7
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler3 View Post
This is a non-starforce SH3 install from DVD, already patched to 1.4b. It resides on "Drive F" at "F:\SilentHunterIII\sh3.exe".
Ok, on that not sure what could be the issue then... other than knowing you have it installed in a good spot then...

Reason I asked for a definitive identification of the source for SH3 was... in knowing that with obtaining it from Ubi, as the source... that they have 2 icons of SH3 in the main folder... 1 of which is the actual .exe for it, that the other 1 can be confused with being thought of as being the .exe that needs to be used, when it is not.

Add to that, the actual .exe has a _(letter) assigned to it, whereas the Steam version only has 1 icon in their main folder only... & does NOT contain that _(letter) tagged on to the end of the .exe... hopefully I haven't confused you with all this details...

Ubi, in short, with the way they did all that, can cause confusion & lead the user of theirs to erroneously, clicking on the wrong icon, thinking they are clicking the right 1... if you follow what I am saying here...

With the or having a DVD/CD to work with, I've never done.. so, I have no knowledge of using 1 to do an install from or much less what issues there may be from doing so... so, am going to bow out & let others with more knowledge assist from here...

I do wish you good luck with getting things set up & running...

M. M.