View Single Post
Old 09-26-22, 08:17 PM   #7
Warbie
Nub

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0
Default That is most likely a graphics/display issue

I think the issue is with the Silent Hunter 4 initial screen resolution. I never had the issue until I had to buy a new PC with pre-installed Win 11. The issue is that the initial screen resolution of the Steam version comes with a very low screen resolution setting and lowest graphic settings. Since the app is running (as seen from task manager tab) but nothing happening, likely indicates a graphics/display issue, or issues related to your screen refresh rate.

What you need to do is to override your OS' auto-scaling and screen optimisations as older programs with smaller resolution settings do fail to show up on the screen. Once you can access the in-game menu, you can also adjust resolution settings to a higher one that fits your modern rig.

For that, you need to go to the sh4.exe file location, set compatibility settings to Vista (Service Pack 2), disable screen optimisation and go to high DPI settings and check "Override High DPI scaling". After changing all of those, I can run SH4 with U boat missions like butter on Win 11, however, keep in mind that some visual mods who change screen resolutions/settings might cause issues as well.
Warbie is offline   Reply With Quote