View Single Post
Old 07-21-22, 12:10 AM   #4901
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

OK fellows, I have had a time of it getting laptop computer time with the wife doing her shopping, but I finally got it so I could do a fresh-fresh install on the machine. Since it is so late, I have not had time to do any more mods other than FotRSU, the Interiors and the Interiors patch, in that order, and here is my S18 out of Manila:

With gun crews placed:

Same, at Battle Stations:

Normal surface ops restored:

Interior:

Interior at Battle Stations:

I have not had time to load my test mission that I use to go through all three shifts on all of the boats, but I can try some of that tomorrow. First glance is that there is nothing wrong here. However, it does look like this is the pre-vickers fix version of the file, so some of the interior characters might have inappropriate gear for where they are. However, I am not seeing hats doubled anywhere thus far - not to say that they aren't somewhere, but I have not found them yet. I will try to match your mod list tomorrow Kal_Maximus_U669, and try some more. The idea with the new set-up with the hats and clothing is that even if you move a character, other than the CPO and Officers, that appropriate head gear would follow.

http://www.usww2uniforms.com/USN_N3_Utility_Cap.html

Speaking of which, the crew IS a team MM, like a ball team, only closer, hence the uniforms, etc.. lol - but those "ball caps" represent the N3 Utility hat, which while it did not technically come out until 1943, there were similar hats previous, and you cannot "date" dress the crew, even if they know a hot babe in the next port... sorry, bad joke... Also, jimimadrid's Torpedoes are IN THE MOD - no need to tear things apart to use them. They are really nice renditions of authentic US torpedoes. The TMO style mod was left in there for those who want that style of torpedo, but the artwork is nothing close to what jimimadrid did. Both shoot what you see - in theory...

Bubblehead1980, I don't believe I have ever had an issue like that in manual-targeting, though I am not the best at it, of course. I am usually off with my stadimeter measurements anyway, and will either miss ahead or behind with that, so I am usually doing a fast 90 couple of shots instead, where no range is needed. If we find anyone else with issues, or better still, a solution, we'll let you know. I'll try to noodle some with it tomorrow when testing for the hats further.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote