View Single Post
Old 01-21-23, 02:14 PM   #7
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Unfortunately, this is a Stock game issue with many of the Stock game ship units that most mods do not address...…..even the well known mods like TMO, RFB, GFO, or RSRDC.

The ship unit is in easy sight of the players sub, the Sonar man will even find the target unit and report it to you by way of the Text Message box, yet when you go to the Sonar/Hydrophone station you'll not hear the ship at all when directing your Hydrophone towards the target. You can get an active sonar "ping" off of the target, but the passive sonar Hydrophone sounds of the engines are not heard!

Now mind you, this won't happen all of the time, nor is it confined to just one ship unit. It's completely dependent on what speed the ship unit is travelling in the mission between particular waypoints that produces this "deafness" of the passive sonar capabilities.

It took me a while to figure out why, and do a complete "think out of the box" reconfiguration of each ship units characteristics but the latest v8.0 Fotrs Ultimate (soon to be released) will fix this problem!

I have no plans to make a compatible fix for the other "mega mods", but Fotrs Ultimate v8.0 will correct this issue. It's not called "Ultimate" for nothing!!
took me a while to find this thread!

i am running the current FOTRSU 1.8 (Not the previous one) and i am experiencing the detected surface contact that refuses to be detected manually at the hydrophone station. the contact is a PT boat, doing approx 16 kts.
the soundman announces his presence periodically, and we can see the blue sonar line on the nav screen, but nothing appears on the hydrophone, which is unfortunate because we cannot get a range on the little guy.

driving a Sargo out of Brisbane. August 1942. Started in Manila. Mission #5 or 6.
playing FOTRSU 1.8 with S7rikeback's Maru mods and Jimimadrid's sailors and torpedos.
i'll attach the JSGME mod list later, as i am in the middle of a mission and using a different system to post.

p.s. the lack of detection must be related to the PT Boat because we are now detecting a DD/DE Kisaragi and she displays on the hydrophone.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10

Last edited by KaleunMarco; 01-21-23 at 02:23 PM.
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote