Old 02-08-22, 11:56 PM   #118
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
Hello again, here I come back from an interesting exercise.
So I tried the suggested and re-downloaded the installer and reinstalled KSD. Did the LAA patch and all the tricks you suggested yet still the exe would not start the game.
Then I remembered, that a stock SH4 would not run for me if not in the official Steam folder. I wanted to have a vanilla SH4 in Steam folder and modded SH4s in other folders. No go. So I tried to install this mod over a stock SH4, rewriting all files and - voila... Game runs. Now off to see if it runs okay past the main menu.
Thank you every one for the help and suggestions
Regards, Jure
It is feasible, to do just that.

1st... reinstall a fresh unmodded copy of SH4... before running, do the suggested items... in the properties of the .exe 1st.

After that is done... allow it to run, to finalize everything there... in \common folder of Steam.

After that is done, then are free & clear, to create a new folder... there in \common (naming that folder \SH-megamods) Do NOT EVER mod this copy or the 1 for SH3 & 5, if you roll with those & want to set up a modded version. This copy, will be your 'GOLD' standard virgin copy...

In that new folder, (\SH-megamods) can then create new folders... if you have access to SH3 & 5, as well then do the following: (create the following new folders... in \SH-megamods folder)

\SH3-megamods (in this, place all copies of SH3, in their own named folder accordingly to the mod set you decide to roll with...)

\SH4-megamods (same as with what I mentioned in the SH3 section above...)

\SH5-megamods (see notes from 4, concerning this folder... as this would also apply here, as well. )

With this followed as outlined, can then copy the guts from each SH virgin copy... into the mod named folder in each mega mod folder section... thereby, keeping your virgin copy... as your 'Gold' standard copy, your "go to" copy... to copy from.

After having set up each of these, megamod folders, & in there... creating new folders based on the mod set/s you want to roll with... make sure to follow the outlines, about jsgme & the 4GB patch/LAA work up.

That also includes, working up KSDII: Ace, as well.

Though, is strange that after running the installer for it... that the game, would NOT run... as a standalone install...

Hope with all that info I put out there... that the process didn't leave you puzzled... & found to be... of help.

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 02-09-22 at 12:06 AM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote