Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hjeltnes View Post
Hello there!
I have a few questions I was hoping some of yoy might be able to help me with.

First, does anyone knownof the Conning Tower Emblem / Kills mod that came with TMO work with FOTRS?

The other thing I was wondering about is where can I find some informatioN about the decoys the US navy used during WW2? I've tried googling it but all I ended up with was the german countermeasure, nothing regarding the american one.

Thanks in advance!
Don't know of a conning tower emblems pack kill mod for TMO, outright... off hand...

How ever... I do know that vickers03, did do up a Battleflags mod, for just about useable with all the U.S. Fleet sub mod sets.

In that, is Battle flag emblems for a lot of the U.S subs... broken down by sub name... & has both an exterior emblem patch aka flag... & an interior 1, but only recommend using the interior aspect of the mod, ONLY if you're also using vickers03's Officer's Quarters-Fleetboat Interior mod, as well, in the mix.

That said, the mod does, also include a kill count flags on the battleflag interior one & on the conning tower, a kill count painted on to the side of the conning tower & NOT on the emblem patch there.

This also includes all that for the S class subs, as well... only, their kills are tallied up in the torp room... if memory serves Me rightly.

As for the decoy info... I know that the german ones, has like... a fair bit of info in them... but.. when it comes to the U.S. side of it all... is like that info, disappeared into a black hole.... I still keep poking about doing searches trying to see if I can't locate some info about that... but, to date... have still come up with bupkiss... nada... the big fat goose egg, however... I remain undaunted... I know that somewhere there has to be info about them... is just a matter of likely, hitting the right keyword or words, as the case may be.

1 likely thought is... the info may still be... relevant to nowadays... & is why there is a veritable desert landscape about them... but, that's... just a pet theory only... so take it with a heaping big, dose of salt...

Any who... hope the info on the battleflags, is of use to you...

Fair winds, smooth seas &... Good huntin'.!

M. M.