View Single Post
Old 11-06-22, 01:24 AM   #4309
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Just gotta weather it out, the trickle down effect will kick in aaaany day now.
Like Elon Musk always says: "Next Year" And don't worry, he'll say the same in six months.

----

On a more serious note: I share Skybirds worries.

Within a decade American politics have managed to push the American people into a frenzied, increasingly violent "We vs. Them", in which they happily participate (no matter the political color). I cannot say whether this "we vs them" mentality has always been around, but it has definitely taken hold, and politicians and political candidates are only too happy to build on this mentality, even stoking it.
The important issues are no more than a side note. No political candidate offers even a hint of a solution, but a lot of emotions and a finger pointed at someone else (and more often than not it's the proverbial middle finger, not the index finger). Even worse: if a political candidate does not point his fingers at his/her opponent it's considered a weakness.

It's a situation which keeps the people busy with being at each others' throats so that they won't (and don't) notice how they are continually exploited. Warren Buffet once said there's class warfare, and it's the rich making war. With a population heavily engaged in a "we vs. them" trench war it's only too easy to exploit them. Those who feel they are superior and winning in the trench war will only take longer to notice that they lost to those who sent them into the trenches.

Someone in the German media said a few days ago that Americans had unlearned the art of compromise. That doesn't go far enough in my opinion. The American people have been systematically discouraged from even seeking compromises, they have been told that comprimises with the other party aren't possible anyway.
This is not a problem only the American people face, it's done in Democracies all over the world. However, I'm deeply worried about how well it has worked and still works in the US, because once you are in this struggle it's going to take a long, difficult time to get out of it.
Ostfriese is online   Reply With Quote