View Single Post
Old 08-25-10, 07:57 AM   #839
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfamemnon View Post
I still watched some of the earlier messages after replying to your long ago message.

Hmm...13.2 mm machine gun and 7.7 mm machine gun? Thank you for the realism but if that is all IJN has got, then I also have to thank you for not giving me that same deadly temptation to stay on the surface to fight it out with the Catalinas that I often have when playing SH3. They are a tough cookie even with two 20mm Flakzwilings and one 37mm. What comes to Liberators...they are a complete waste of ammunition even for a heavily flakked Uboat. In SH3 I have set many Liberators on fire but I never was able to bring even one down. When seeing them in SH4's Japanese Campaign, I will probably tell my 7.7mm gunner to just get inside and have a round of cards with off duty crewmen. Hopefully, there will be more powerful guns than 13.2 mm. They would be extremely welcome but forget it if it is not realistic.
The 7.7mm and the 13.2mm were recent additions to the game at the beginning. Most of the war the Japanese subs used 25mm. We have 25mm single barrel, double barrel, and triple barrel flak guns.
For the deckgun we start with the 105mm and go to a 5.5 inch single barrel and then a 5.5 inch double barrel as shown in some research we have done.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote