View Single Post
Old 04-09-23, 09:13 AM   #812
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

5 February 1944

China
-Enemy night raid on Kanhshien again, 13 Sallies, 6 Helens, 1 hit. I don't understand why he keeps bombing an empty airbase.

Allied air raids:
near Taiuyan (ground forces) 64 casualties
near Chengchow (ground forces): 41 casualties
near Hankow (ground forces): 0 casualties

ground combat:
near Chengchow, Allied deliberate attack, 12k troops to 5k, casualties 294(J) to 188(A).

Another question for myself. When I played as Japan against the AI, I noticed that I had a lot more "spare" aircraft and pilots for the army than the navy. We had plenty of squadrons in China and Korea sitting around without much to do besides train. So, why is it that I've been bombing targets with impunity in China for weeks/months like this? Nearly all the fighter squadrons I've been up against in the Mariannas and my march through the DEI and now Philippines have been navy squadrons.

Philippines
I did another night raid on Manila's airbase; 15 B-24s, no hits.
I'm mostly building up my new base at Cebu right now, while moving massive amounts of supplies, troops, and equipment from Darwin to Cagayan for further expansion northward.

DEI
New Mexico and Arizona shelled Kendari, 120 casualties.

4 Nicks swept Makassar, running into 24 P-47s on CAP. Only one made it home.

I've decided it's time to take down Koepang. I've got troops that I'd allocated for this at 3 different locations in the DEI, so I'm sending ships to pick them up and consolidate around Dili.

Allied air raids:
Koepang (ground forces): 6 casualties
Kendari (ground forces): 0 casualties

Thailand and Burma
Air raids:
east road (ground forces) 62 casualties

ground combat:
east road, Allied deliberate attack, 48k to 1k troops, casualties 936(J) to 6(A), enemy survivors retreating.

Ayuthia (ground forces): 86 casualties

Reinforcements
DD Wilkes arrives at Balboa
APD Daniel T. Griffin arrives at Balboa
VP-54 arrives at San Diego
427th NFS arrives at Fresno
Tenth USAAF Eng Engineer Aviation Battalion arrives at Aden
188th USAAF Base Force arrives at Madras

Last edited by Molon Labe; 04-09-23 at 01:16 PM.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote