View Single Post
Old 01-12-22, 07:09 AM   #2635
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayTHREEpoint0 View Post
Hi guys! Long story here but I'm a fairly new Captain here but upon finally getting SH5 to work the first time- I loved it. I got the hang of everything fairly quickly and sunk many ships.

Wanting even MORE of a challenge- I decided to go download the Wolves Of Steel mod. It didn't work so I went to uninstall the base game- reinstalling that- and reinstall both Steam and Ubisoft Connect again to see if it would fix it.

After doing that- now the games intro simply pops up to the left of the screen and then crashes. I looked it up on every forum that pops up with people having the same problem- have tried everything from checking my drivers- troubleshooting- running it as administrator- but nothing works anymore.

I'm confused. Does anyone know this issue as well and had a solution when they did it? As of now I've simply uninstalled the game and Steam and Ubisoft Connect. I'm not very well-versed in computers as this is my first time computer or PC gaming but if there's any advice you can give me- I'd appreciate it- thanks!
Possible that when you installed base game, then added a mod over it, then uninstalled base game - you forgot to delete game folder which in this case would still contain files from the mod. Cue problems when you try to install game again in the same folder.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote