View Single Post
Old 04-14-11, 09:16 PM   #3179
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eers75 View Post
Just an fyi for any interested in a follow up to my question on the previous page. I ventured in to data/cfg/upc.cfg and found something listed as
AcceptableDamageUS=40
AcceptableDamageGE=40

I changed these values both to 99 just to test and limped home with a sub that had 82 on hull damage. Now my previous patrols where I had received this much damage I had been asked if I wanted to retire and reassigned to a new boat (always a lesser class/porpoise) but on this patrol there was no such message.

On this particular patrol I had sunk 3 tankers and a cargo ship for around 18k tons and i was not asked to retire and kept my boat.

On a subsequent test I changed these values to 55 and limped home with a sub that had a hull damage of 73 however my patrol wasnt quite as good with only 2 wakatke patrol boats sunk and I was asked if I wanted to retire etc.....

So in a very limited 2 patrol test with new campaigns after changing these values I believe these values may be the ones needed to change in order to be able to limp home with a damaged sub to your choosing and not get demoted. Im not 100% sure this is fullproof but so far its holding up.

Just posting this for any who may be intersted and I do realize that this may not be for everyone or maybe anyone but for me I can now keep enjoying my boat without worry of demotion to a lesser boat after a heated battle. If this does not hold true I will post again.
Interesting discover...IŽll try it in my next campaign.

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote