View Single Post
Old 04-14-11, 12:26 PM   #3176
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eers75 View Post
Hello all, just returned to sh4 after a year or so break and I have a question. First off great work on TMO and I was very excited to see 2.0/1 out when I returned and im loving it. However there is one aspect that I would like to tweak for me personally if possible and I believe it is but I cant remember how. I am somewhat familiar with modding but cant find the file that I need or parameters.

On 3 occassions now running only sh1.5/TMO 2.0/2.1 only mods with 100% realism, I have had to return to base with a very damaged sub as a result of skirmishes but with me limping home instead of awards im getting demoted to a lesser sub and cant seem to figure out why.

For example my last patrol I ran in to a taskforce and managed to sink a kongo and a mogami cruiser and escaped by the skin of my teeth with a sub that had very bad damage. I also play dead is dead with no replaying missions and such. When I get back to base im asked if I want to retire and of course I say no and im demoted to a porpoise. (I play asiatic in sargo starting out dec 8, 1941)

Is there a way to set a lower paramater im assuming for success in some way. I love this feature if I had done something careless but this seems a bit harsh lol. Any help would be appreciated and I thank all who reply in advance, cheers.
Actually, a damaged sub is deemed a demotion in game. Let's face it, if you came home with a ruined sub, but just took out two capital ships you would've been rewarded, stayed at the Admirals house and your ho's paid for. Instead of a lessor sub, you probably would've been sent to New Construction.

The patrol end is flawed terribly in the game, but much of it's hard coded.
They just didn't create enough endings to match your kill rate. Still, I have come home with a almost destroyed sub and been offered a new one, but think I sunk five carriers, other times came home after 100K patrol with a damaged boat and the Admiral is shaking his head wanting to retire me.

So, take care of that sub. In reality, your crew and sub should come first, unless you can strike a mighty blow. You did....and even lived.

This forum is full of much sub sarcasm, you'll get use to it.

Now take that POS boat out and do your job sailor.

Last edited by Armistead; 04-14-11 at 12:37 PM.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote