View Single Post
Old 04-14-11, 05:24 AM   #3171
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by eers75 View Post
On 3 occassions now running only sh1.5/TMO 2.0/2.1 only mods with 100% realism, I have had to return to base with a very damaged sub as a result of skirmishes but with me limping home instead of awards im getting demoted to a lesser sub and cant seem to figure out why.

For example my last patrol I ran in to a taskforce and managed to sink a kongo and a mogami cruiser and escaped by the skin of my teeth with a sub that had very bad damage. I also play dead is dead with no replaying missions and such. When I get back to base im asked if I want to retire and of course I say no and im demoted to a porpoise. (I play asiatic in sargo starting out dec 8, 1941)

Is there a way to set a lower paramater im assuming for success in some way. I love this feature if I had done something careless but this seems a bit harsh lol. Any help would be appreciated and I thank all who reply in advance, cheers.
Since you didn't like Jan Kyster's answer, you may or may not like mine. In real life, if your sub was heavily damaged it would either require an extensive overhaul, or more likely would have to be scrapped. As fleetboats don't grow on trees, you would, at a minimum be sidelined for months. Even if it was decided to give you a better boat, this could not be done on the spur of the moment. You would have to train with a new crew, conduct a shakedown cruise, etc. Your superiors would hardly have taken someone else's command away from them at the last minute because your boat got shot to pieces. This is not so much a demotion or punishment as it is a lesson in the facts of life. There are more Captains than boats and yours just got totalled; that's the breaks. If you were judged a poor Commander, you would have gotten a desk job, or possibly even court-martialed.

You said you play DID, and 100% realism, so my advice would be to suck it up and take better care of the Porpose class.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote