View Single Post
Old 04-22-20, 11:20 AM   #806
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Just remember though, as I'm looking at a Large Ocean Liner closinig on my location now (I purposefully set-up this ambush ), that the Shinano had a green crew, and all the water-tightness of the ship was not completed. That was the purpose of the journey, was to go to a different yard for "finish" work. Plus, the fire-control team vented the avgas fumes throughout the ship, like several other carriers experienced, and that helped in the explosion and resultant conflagration. The Titantic had "water-tight" compartments that really weren't, where the water could go over the tops of the water-tight walls. So they tore open and compromised several compartments that began the flooding, and the folks "in-the-know" on the ship thought "no biggie" - that is, until the water went over the top of the what? third wall? which flooded #4, the #4 flooded #5, which flooded #6, and that's all she wrote!...

Right now, AOB is 52°, range is 2700 and closing... I should know something shortly! I turned off duds, by the way, so that should not be a factor. All torps are impact, set for 15 foot... I'll be back in a few!
Wow. Took a bit longer than I thought it would to run this 1st running of the Sink the Large Ocean Liner... Here is the end result though in the initial test:

Notice I have the "She's taking water and going down" line finally... This is what I had left when it was all said and done:

I had one of 23 torps run deep and went under the hull. All of the rest exploded. So 22 torpedoes. We should probably change that... Thing of it was, even after getting that message, she showed no signs of going down, so I went ahead and shot #24, and then all of a sudden, she tilted up, and started down in just the time it took to fire the torpedo and for it to impact, at about 700 yards...

I suppose we really should look into that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
there are 15 entries with that text. 311 and the rest after 447.
ouch.
Nothin' that a global "Replace" won't fix in short order...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote