Thread: The Last Ship
View Single Post
Old 08-03-12, 06:04 PM   #1
Thagarr
Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default The Last Ship

Ahoy mates! I have been a long time lurker around these forums, but this is my first post here. By long time, I mean since just after Subsim went online. It was in fact these forums that steered me to Sea Dogs back more than a decade ago, but that is a whole different story.

Anyway, all that is beside the point, the reason I am posting this is I ran across a bit of news that I thought you all might be interested in. I did a quick search on both the forums and the front page but I didn't see this listed anywhere. The book The Last Ship by William Brinkley, has been picked up to be produced as a TV series that will air on TNT. The series will be produced by Michael Bay and his company Platinum Dunes. I found this while looking up some information for another TV series called Black Sails that will air on Starz in 2014.

Quote:
Here’s the logline for The Last Ship from TNT:

In The Last Ship, a global catastrophe nearly obliterates the earth’s population, forcing the crew of a naval destroyer to confront the reality of their new existence in a world where they are among the only survivors.

The series is based on the 1989 book of the same name by William Brinkley.

“The book The Last Ship is a gripping page-turner that has all the makings of a terrific television drama, including a great premise, memorable characters, intense situations and heart-racing action,” said Michael Wright, president and head of programming for TNT, said in a statement. “We believe this show will take viewers on a thrilling ride and fits perfectly with TNT’s expanding line-up of original dramas.”

Brad Fuller and Andrew Form, who co-founded Platinum Dunes with Bay, will also executive produce, along with Steven Kane (The Closer) and Hank Steinberg (Without a Trace).

You can read the full article from back in July HERE!
Thagarr is offline   Reply With Quote