View Single Post
Old 09-07-12, 04:39 AM   #3
TwoGamers
Officer

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Part 2

3rd of March 1940, 17:15, Grid AL 48, U-46

U-46 sat 20 feet underwater without any engines. "Sir this is suicide, if they discover us we WILL be destroyed" said a furious Otto Luft. Smith the Kaleun of U-48 had dived after his crew had spotted a destroyer moving fast towards them. Now they were completely silent but if they had been seen or were pinged they would be destroyed without a doubt. "I'm confident my plan will work give us 30 minutes under, in that time get a repair team together" Answered Smith'.
"What exactly will that reapir team do, we cant reapir the damage to the hull..."
"Remind me to get a more obidient officer at port, what the reapir crew will do is try and replace the rechargers"
"Sir, with all due respect we will be relying on 7-9 hours of perfect weather, no enemy ships or airplanes, and we will give up the ability to chase convoys" contributed Rupert, a petty officer currently peforming a routine check-up.
This was true. They would need near perfect weather, and no enemy contact. If they had to dive it would take an extra few minutes to pack up the equipment and parts.
(to be continued)
TwoGamers is offline   Reply With Quote