Old 01-10-22, 08:00 PM   #372
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xboxman523 View Post
I have been fortunate enough to come across a non-steam version of silent hunter 4. I installed it under C:\Games\Silent Hunter 4. However, I am still experiencing a ctd when clicking onto this unknown japanese warship. This does not happen for any of the other ships or countries.

Its between the kamikaze class and mutsuki class destroyers. So perhaps I could just delete this ship from my install?
Obviously this is a small issue in the sense its just so far has happened when clicking to see this ship, but I fear if I were to encounter this ship ingame it could cause a crash as well.
Did you, after getting the install done... run a 4GB patch kit on SH4's .exe or barring that being used... use Large Address Aware... ???

Is odd, that you are having a CTD when running through the Rec Manual.

Either that, or instead... are you running into a CTD, with being in the Museum then not backing out of the game/sim, entirely before going for starting up a nav map trainer...

Seem to recall that going into the Museum then starting a training mission or just flat out, starting off on a career, after a visit to the museum... could cause that to occur.

1 last thing... when you nuke vaporized the previous install... did you also... remember, to nuke the games save folder for the initial install... & not, reusing it when you reinstalled SH4 then the mod set...

This can also cause a wealth (& not a good wealth, at that... ) of issues in & of itself, as well.

M. M.