View Single Post
Old 11-22-19, 11:42 PM   #131
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Besides the route s7rikeback mentions with the Ubisoft upgrades "giving" the player a little something, von Zelda and K9usTMO 2.5 also had that file in its package. For me, I use MultiSH4 and have a "TMO" save folder, and an "FRS", and "SH4", and GFO (well, and a few others... ). That way, when I "die" in one modded game, I go to something a bit different and cool down for a bit... - besides the fact I don't have to worry about cross-contamination like that.

There are issues at times with getting mods completely out of your SH4 folder, which we discovered while building FotRSU. If you don't have a "known quantity" at the beginning, your tests will usually be off, due to the fact that there is an extra file or two from a previous install, or as happens all too often, the existing file is not updated, since it has the same name as the new modded file. So you are left (in your cases) with a mix of at the least, Stock, TMO, and FotRSU, which usually eventually results in a CTD, especially since most of the capital, and even some of the minor ships have different "Type=" lines used to "call" them in FotRSU. Case-in-point, the CLNaka in TMO is Type=6, while in FotRSU, it is "Type=18". Guaranteed CTD... Un-install your FotRSU modded game, and delete that folder, in addition to the Save folder. Re-install SH4, or copy a known-clean SH4 game folder, and paste that in for use with FotRSU - but it has to be known-clean, else there will be issues. After activating the mod, if you played the know-clean stock game just to see if it works, be sure and empty the Save folder again...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 11-22-19 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Naka Naka - who's there?... Sea - See who?
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote