View Single Post
Old 11-22-19, 07:39 PM   #130
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Zelda View Post
Did that and I deleted everything else including the Saved Folder. I uninstalled SH3, SH4, all the remaining files in my main C: directory and the SH4 Saved Folder in My Directory. Then I reinstalled my game files from Steam.

Where I (and others) might have goofed is launching newly installed SH4 before installing the FotRS UE mod. This might have allowed the SH4 folder, under My Directory, to install with old mission files and maybe other old files.

Will delete the entire SH4 folder and try a relaunch to test this theory. This should bring up a new SH4 upon reboot of the game.

Update: to make a long story longer, I had to go into the SH4 directory\Data\Single Missions folder and manually delete the A01 Tokyo Express mission and then reboot the game with the FotRS mod to create a new SH4 folder under My Documents. All seems to be working fine.
Guys,

Example of Stock sH4:

Example of FotrsU:

Saw another quote..
"I think this resolves why the Tokyo Express mission failed; it was not supposed to be there. It's a NON-mission. I shall delete it. ---> Correct

It makes me wonder if there could be any other files left over, hanging around from the original SH4 programs after the JSGME does its thing. "

There is no way, any of you have this file in your install, if you have followed all the precise and very informative information at the top of the thread.

SH4 v1.5, cannot create a file that is not there, JSGME cannot add a file that is is not there to add....

This would mean you have not followed the steps to the letter or you may have mod soup.

This actual mission was a UBIsoft separate freeware release, and if I remember rightly, around SH4 1.4 era 2008 time ?!?!?

I have the actual file, in my mod collectionL
Silent Hunter_4 > UbiSoft Patches > Silent Hunter 4 - Tokyo Express >...

And I have also checked our base mod - FalloftherisingSun_V2.0_SH4V1.4 GE and that is also clean of this mission.

But before anyone starts to torpedo me, I do not have steam, but cannot imagine the main game directories have any differences between them, but I'm prepared to be proved wrong.

Tomorrow I will install v1.4 via disc, and see what lands in the folder, then upgrade to v1.5 for a full survey, and report back.