View Single Post
Old 11-22-19, 04:46 PM   #129
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
That is why in the instructions for the mod, including in the First Posting, there the part that says:
You MUST delete the Save folder, else you will have old "Test" missions such as you found... I might have to dig that out of the archive though... That's the one with all of the DD going to and fro Rabaul to Guadalcanal, and things can get interesting fast in it... Anyway, just empty your Save folder, and you should be good to go.
Did that and I deleted everything else including the Saved Folder. I uninstalled SH3, SH4, all the remaining files in my main C: directory and the SH4 Saved Folder in My Directory. Then I reinstalled my game files from Steam.

Where I (and others) might have goofed is launching newly installed SH4 before installing the FotRS UE mod. This might have allowed the SH4 folder, under My Directory, to install with old mission files and maybe other old files.

Will delete the entire SH4 folder and try a relaunch to test this theory. This should bring up a new SH4 upon reboot of the game.

Update: to make a long story longer, I had to go into the SH4 directory\Data\Single Missions folder and manually delete the A01 Tokyo Express mission and then reboot the game with the FotRS mod to create a new SH4 folder under My Documents. All seems to be working fine.

Last edited by von Zelda; 11-22-19 at 05:21 PM.