View Single Post
Old 11-24-12, 06:57 AM   #6
tmccarthy
Admiral

Downloads: 270
Uploads: 16

I just saw this post on the subsim archive which should help...

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB_archive1...ic.php?t=25624

The part at the bottom seems to be most relevant.

"""Most of the range dispersion data I have come across appears to be at "BattleRanges". For the data I have this usually works out to about 80% of maximum range. Therefore, I set the ElevationError and TransversalError entries in the *.ddf files as follows:

ElevationError = 0.192 ; Extremely tight range pattern - 1.5% of range at 80% maximum range
ElevationError = 0.321 ; Tight range pattern - 2.5% of range at 80% maximum range
ElevationError = 0.641 ; Average range pattern - 5% of range at 80% maximum range
ElevationError = 0.962 ; Large range pattern - 7.5% of range at 80% maximum range

Naval guns usually have very tight deflection patterns. For all guns I set:
TransversalError = 0.285---"""

To change the US 5"/38 gun go into Destroyer Command/Sim/Sytem and experiment and edit the file : GunUS.5inchSingle.ddf

Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by isoc View Post
The main battery guns in DC seem a bit too ineffective. I often have multiple hits against a target-Japanese Destroyer in one-on-one combat, but my Destroyer is always killed first, even when I have crossed the T, and am shooting with 5 guns and the Japanese Destroyer is only shooting with 1. Is there a mod that will make the US guns more effective in inflicting damage?

Thanks,

Ted
tmccarthy is offline   Reply With Quote