View Single Post
Old 07-17-22, 05:58 AM   #165
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDeath99 View Post
How goes it? Taken a look at this thread and got to say, your models look mighty fine! Cant wait to see more in game!
I had to take a break from modding in February because we have moved into new house and there was an endless list of things that needed to be done, leaving me with no time or energy for hobbies. I hope to return to this and other unfinished projects by the end of this month.

As for status, six new ships I was working on are all ready and imported into game, but there's still some work remaining in order for them to appear properly in campaign. More specifically:

- Two new ships are minesweepers, and they need minesweeping patrol spawns and nodes to be added to campaign in order to appear in game.
- Some coasters appear very rarely because most countries that use them do not have coastal traffic added to campaign.
- I'm still stuck on texture problems - I wanted ships to change textures and maybe even use navigation lights reflecting their status (neutral/belligerent) during the war, but way SH5 handles textures leads to constant problems with ships "borrowing" wrong texture from another vessel using the same model. There's also an unresolved bug that prevents minesweepers from using varying camouflages.

I hope to fix all the above and relase new ships sometime in August (provided real life doesn't throw a new wrench into my plans).
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote