View Single Post
Old 03-25-19, 03:13 PM   #5
Jackdaw
Watch

Downloads: 214
Uploads: 8

Since I know from painful experience, what a pig job it is, I appreciate the offer especially!

Fortunately, it is no longer necessary. I found the mistake.

As mentioned earlier, I wrote the mission under Ultimate 0.8, but forgot that I had some minor changes built in there to avoid having to use JSGME. Through the "Win10 Escapade" I have used both a clean game and Ultimate 0.8 only with changes visible through JSGME and did not think much of the previously built-in changes. As expected, "Mission validate" did not help, as only the editor's usual "detachments" in this mission (and also often) showed up at stationary units which (at least for me) have never had a negative impact. (too close blablabla)

When I tried to answer you, something was humming through the back of my mind and I suddenly realized that I'd read something about a unit that did not actually appear in Ultimate when it came to validation errors. Immediately checked I knew then where the problem comes from. Everything fixed and mission is in the ME again fully editable.

However, this brings me back to an open problem with this supplement:

These are two fuel storage tanks. I can not remember where I got it from. I mean dark to remember that I copied them from a Traveller mod. The tanks are pure white, way too big (like a silo) and have nothing else to offer. After bombardment, they start to burn, smoke something and sink into the sea. I like them as a supplement to infiltration and recon tasks, but they are so horribly ugly!

Anyway, some color must (rust..) come into play. The tanks would have to be sized differently. You might be able to attach pumps and piping;
Stellings to go alongside, Shell or labels like this could be implemented. Furthermore, the tanks must of course also explode not only burn. (Gimmick: there should be different loadouts oil/fuel/aviation gasoline and different reactions - burn or explosion [Label:By Deepest Purple Oil...])
Finally, I had found in the context of a mission creation still a really original floating gas station.

Since I have no idea about this part of modding, I had contacted ZUIKAKU2604 at the end of last year. He had also agreed to take action, whereupon I emailed him everything I had. I have no idea why, but I never heard from him again? Could not I let you have that material and idea and you will lead it into proven hands? I would then park my material uploaded and send a download link. Does this work on the PM at Subsim? Otherwise I would just need an email address by PM. I would be happy if that should work!

If you like, I could in the face of the work you have done so far with this "erroneous mission" include this mission just for fun. As far as I'm aware, it's a completely new concept; at least I have not seen anything like it. However, it is finished, but still needs the paint, if you understand what I mean.

In any case, first thanks!
Jackdaw is offline   Reply With Quote