View Single Post
Old 04-04-21, 11:54 AM   #17
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Even I can't understand what NATO/USA have to do in Ukraine-It's not exactly a country worth starting WWIII for.

On the other hand I would understand if NATO deployed troops near the border towards Ukraine in Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania. In case Russia are planning on invading Ukraine.

Markus
Like'em or not, Ukraine is country that's on the verge of losing a big part of its GDP, industrial and natural resources all located in the Donbass region. Russia is supporting separatists in that area undoubtedly with the hope of annexing those resources for themselves. Ukraine understandably stepped up to the plate by massing its own forces along the contested areas, and just recently invited NATO to play war games.

Not sure about the source but according to the link below Ukraine also changed the language of the conflict too.

Quote:
Previously, the phrase “aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine” was used in Kiev’s official documents. Today, the war in Donbass was designated as an international armed conflict, that is, war.

Such a definition has significant juridical impact. This statement completely blocks Kiev’s implementation of the Minsk Agreements. Paragraph 2 of the Package of Measures clearly defines that the parties to the conflict are Kiev on the one hand, Donetsk People’s Republic and Lugansk People’s Republic (LDPR) on the other.

Today the Ukrainian Parliament officially declared, at the highest level, that the parties to the conflict are Ukraine and Russia.

https://southfront.org/kiev-builds-u...on-in-donbass/

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-04-21 at 12:32 PM.
Rockstar is online