View Single Post
Old 10-31-14, 05:04 AM   #11
ajrimmer42
Royal Kinotropist

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

[15/09/2014]

UPDATE 16:

Got some final touches done yesterday, still not quite there but I managed to get the nameboard on!

So she was finally at a point where I was happy to get her on the water, very exciting. Here's some idiot connecting the battery...

What can I say? She sails beautiful, I just had to remove one lump of lead as she was sitting a little low, and she could do with a little more at the stern. But she glides through the water lovely, at a nice speed.

Unfortunately it was a bit short lived as she suddenly lost drive after half an hour or so lol, luckily, being a boating lake, there was a chap in waders sorting the pedalos out who kindly rescued it for us.

It seems the motor linkage had slipped, I was relieved to find it wasn't anything more serious, so I'll have to sort something out a bit more robust.

I also have an old RTR boat somewhere in the loft which I'm going to convert into a rescue boat for this kind of event lol.

Still some stuff to do on her before I'm calling it. I'm about to order the 6 Oerlikons, and some crew, and there's still some railings around the bow to put on.

Is it bad that I'm already eyeing up the 1/72 Type VII to stalk her with? lol

TBC...

Don't judge a ship by the number of it's guns, but by the skill of it's crew.
ajrimmer42 is offline   Reply With Quote