View Single Post
Old 10-31-14, 05:01 AM   #9
ajrimmer42
Royal Kinotropist

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

[05/09/2014]

UPDATE 12:

So, got the rear deck on and painted, along with the planking.

Plus a little bit more around the front of the wheelhouse. Really made a difference too, everything is starting to look nicely busy.

[06/09/2014]

UPDATE 13:

Got plenty done today!

The forward bandstand and 4inch. All kit parts except the railings. Gotta be honest it's not too bad at all, even the gun is acceptable, certainly compared to the 2pdr. I also added some ribbing to the bandstand platform (under the masking tape)

The 4 inch

Well with a name like Poppy it's hardly surprising that her 'nose art' was Popeye lol! She also left port to the theme tune

By some goddamn stroke of luck I managed to actually paint that on. The artwork is available here: http://www.cbrnp.com/RNP/Flower/ARTI...oppy/index.htm I just printed it out and carefully copied it with a fine brush. I was originally going to try printing it out then laminating it onto the side of the gun but I figured since it was such a simple picture I'd try my hand at a spot of painting.

Still needs a wash hence the lighter colour.

As she sits now. Not much more to go on the fo'c'sle tbh, I seem to be full ahead at the mo. Still plenty to do aft though!

TBC...

Don't judge a ship by the number of it's guns, but by the skill of it's crew.
ajrimmer42 is offline   Reply With Quote