View Single Post
Old 10-31-14, 04:48 AM   #6
ajrimmer42
Royal Kinotropist

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

[13/08/2014]

UPDATE 5:

The hull undercoated in XF-19, with some Railmatch BR Bauxite and Tamiya Rubber Black preshading.

First light grey camo on, ended up using XF-19 again, then post shaded with a lighter mix.

All masked up ready for the dark grey! The camo pattern was surprisingly hard to get right as there aren't many good reference points on the hull aside from portholes, and a few plate intersection, though these are difficult to pinpoint from the picture in order to translate onto the hull and vice versa.

[13/08/2014]

UPDATE 6:

Dark grey camo on, postshaded with lighter mix.

Not looking bad!

Getting the waterline masked up. I was mildly dreading getting the waterline straight but tbh it ended up being a piece of cake, I just got a long bit of tamiya tape and stretched it right across.

And there she is! I used Railmatch Enamel British Rail Crimson for the antifoul red, actually a good match to the colour drawing I have, bearing in mind the photo lightens it up quite a bit, it's not as bright irl, I think it looks rather nice.

I also got some Plastruct 0.5mm x 2mm strip for the deck planking.

Finally feels like I'm getting somewhere with this beasty. Next job will be masking the K213 lettering on the bow, something else I'm not looking forward to lol. After that I'll get some rust on the hull and a dark dirt wash. Then I think it might be time to get her all wet

TBC...

Don't judge a ship by the number of it's guns, but by the skill of it's crew.
ajrimmer42 is offline   Reply With Quote