View Single Post
Old 10-31-14, 04:41 AM   #4
ajrimmer42
Royal Kinotropist

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

[31/07/2014]

UPDATE 3:

Got the Midship vents sorted. I dremelled the inner sides out which dramatically improved the look of them, then went around the inside with a cotton bud soaked in cellulose thinners. The short ones have been dremelled out and the longer, bigger ones are still stock so the difference can easily be seen.

Managed to get the wheelhouse mostly done too. I fitted a false floor as the deck level is far too low. The partition wall is mainly artistic license using pics of HMCS Sackville's wheelhouse as rough reference, I believe it would have been a radio room or something of the sort.

I then knocked up some furniture from various bits and bobs. The wheel came out far better than I expected, I just used a slice out of an old outer barrel from a plastic airsoft gun that bit the dust long ago, and used the plastic railings you get with the kit as the spokes, or whatever the technical term is! You can also see the rather nasty sinkmark in the Coxswain's coat lol, unfortunately a few are like this, which is a shame as the sculpting is actually really nice. I think some aftermarket crew will be on the cards though

Turned out rather well methinks, the interior was just sprayed with Tamiya Brown.

It looks very sparse but once the roof is on you can hardly see any of it, it actually gives a nice effect.

I think the next thing will be wiring up all the lights to the roof/bridge above.

TBC...

Don't judge a ship by the number of it's guns, but by the skill of it's crew.
ajrimmer42 is offline   Reply With Quote