Old 10-15-22, 02:55 AM   #289
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
@Niume: I just did experience one game crash:

I was approaching a "Large Convoy" (about 50 ships) South of Cap Verdes, Qu.82EJ, and at about 20km distance from the convoy, the game froze and the message that the game stopped working appeared. This happened three times and a forth time, after a PC re-start and re-adressing the sh4.exe with the LAA patch.

There also was a smaller "Task Force" about 60km away, heading into the same direction, NW.

Then, I tried one last time, and again the game froze for a view seconds at about 20km distance from the convoy (as it usually does, when approaching a convoy), but this time didn't crash. So, I'm now operating on this convoy.

Anyway, there seems to be an issue with in-game loading of large convoys ...

Be glad to test the new patch
So, still using Version 1.4.1, and still on the same cruise as above, I landed an agent on the Argentinian coast. On my way north, I came across a southbound convoy near Recife, Brazil.

Again, about 25km from the convoy, when the game wants to load the convoy, the game crashes. Agian tried several things as above, i.e, PC-Restart, re-adressing the sh4.exe with LAA, no chance:

The game just can't seem to load the convoy and crashes.

Seems to me, that as a war cruise goes on, the game crashes increase, i.e., early in the patrol, the convoys load just fine, becomes more difficut a bit further on, until it just doesn't work anymore.

Will now move to Version 1.4.2, in the hopes that this will improve things ...