View Single Post
Old 06-15-22, 08:26 AM   #110
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Things will stay great here, especially with discussion. I understand wanting more "TMO" in FotRSU, which did originate with TMO v1.7 as its "base" years ago in AOTD_MadMax's FOTRS. There is nothing stopping you from modding, and I would expect you to keep modding (once bitten, you cannot stop), no matter what anyone says.

In the FotRSU Mod Team's opinion, there are AI add-in mods that "up the ante" for the AI response, and there are other add-ins more tuned for FotRSU in that AddInModzPak, that should be used before using any of the 'regular' version of the mods. The main reason being the ID conflicts one would encounter using the original add-ins. You have to be especially careful with the Torpedo files, as well as particles and materials files with the add-ins. While making one aspect of the game look better, you might end up disabling another aspect. We looked into "jimimadrid’s shiny torpedoes" mod, and there are several conflicts in there in FotRSU, but the plan is to eventually clear those, and then ask his permission to use his mod in the base FotRSU - that is a couple of versions away at this time. I do not recall the issues off the top of my head, but it is the way FotRSU is built... vickers03's Sea Life, so long as you use the latest version, should do fine. We have not tried any of yours or xerxes more recent mods yet, since we are attempting to push the stubborn next version out the door here... We will not be changing the periscopes or binoculars to a TMO-style, since CapnScurvy spent so much time on the mod's current views and zooms, and for the team, they are preferable. I have found multiple links to his REL threads, but they are broken. Onkel Neal is looking into that again.

As for the "insinuated incompetence", it was not taken as that, but others might. As we have encountered previously with other modders, the choice of words used was "strong", but there are not that many terms for saying "I want to change this aspect of the mod to better suit me" in one or two words. No harm no foul. Just be careful of how and what you release. As I said, you are more than welcome to submit any mod package to the FotRSU Mod Team for 'inspection' for conformity, and if something is amiss with IDs or similar, we can patch that and then submit it back to you for your approval. It could then carry "goldmastersims' FTT FotRSU Mod" (Flavored To Taste, ala Ducimus and others), aka: the "gFTTF" mod. Or leave the FotRSU out of the title, so there is no confusion that it came from you, without FotRSU Mod Team "inspection" or approval.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote