View Single Post
Old 01-21-23, 03:19 AM   #25
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
That's the way I see it. Given the ridiculous expense of producing movies today, it's hard to justify using a functional firearm anymore.

Now for the edit.
Actors are just that, actors. It's not expected for them to be experienced firearm owners with well drilled safety habits. In Star Trek, it was common for the actors to be firing their phaser practicals accidently, and you can see it get past the cutting room into final product at times. The question I have is did Baldwin know the prop gun was a functional firearm? "Cold" gun, or not, did he know? Was he expected to know it was a functional firearm because he was informed it was?
since the movie in question is a western i'll answer with western all westerns start to end uses real firearms the so call prop guns are made out of plastic or rubber and are use for throwing a firearm stuff like where you wouldn't damage the real deal.so let talk Duke last movie the shootest after Ron Hower shoots the bartender and throws the firearm that was a prop gun as the real pair was a presentation that was giving too Duke,josie wales real although they did use a rubber walker in one part of the movie,some movies they do use nra trainers,the movie gettyburg most of the guys in it are reenactors so during the shoot little round top where the camera is infront of the The 20th Maine Volunteer Infantry Regiment reenactors and they are firing just blackpower into the camera the crew is behind a prixyglass,they shouldnt been a live round anywhere around the set of rusk so much safety was thrown out of the window i'm surspise didn't happen sooner