View Single Post
Old 04-23-24, 11:07 AM   #8
Mister_M
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
You never saw it in a modded game because such behavior was part of the stock game. Modding was done to change it. There was another setting which gave them a depth range over their detonation depth, i.e. if the detonation depth was 100 and this range setting was 50, then the charges could explode anywhere between 50 and 150. Iirc they simply would vanish after a certain depth too. But this is all off a rapidly failing memory.
I never saw this in an unmoded game either. There is an explosion range setting indeed, but this controls the range of the shock wave (which makes your boat rolling left and right), it has nothing to do with the depth.

Vanilla settings:

And yes, the DC will vanish past 300 or 500 m (I don't remember the correct value), but as everything else: sinking boats, and your own U-Boot ! ...

So, the conclusion is that it's impossible (except with a modification of the hardcode) to prevent the DC to explode above a minimal depth, or to force them to explode past a maximum depth...

The only way to simulate a safe zone past a certain depth is to make the hydrophone and asdic of an attacking ship incapable of detecting you past this depth.
Mister_M is online   Reply With Quote