View Single Post
Old 02-25-21, 10:00 AM   #23
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosomaha View Post
3d Holes-Decals is always a combination of two models (hole shape + hole model): these are objects from the files: Damage_Object.GR2 + Damage_Room.GR2, and no others.
Just my guess: this functionality was not completed by the SH5 developers as planned. Although, the assumption is that a certain variety of “Holes” was planned for different objects-materials. After all, in the Damages folder there are several more files (eventually useless) besides Damage_Object.GR2 and Damage_Room.GR2. For example, "Decals" for ice, at the same time, Icebergs do not have a controller for "Decals", and as a result, visible holes. If you even add it to .sim, you will see all the same familiar holes from Damage_Object.GR2 and Damage_Room.GR2. It looks like they are hardwired to the controller's operation in grannyloader.dll

Another depressing point that upsets me is that in SH5 3D, the holes on the ships disappear, this always manifests itself in ships with the hull breaking apart, after a critical destruction with breaking. Even in the old SH-4, half of the ships went to the bottom with visible damage that they received and it looked authentic.
I have not the game installed right now, so I can't check the files and settings you are mentioning. I will look closely into them as soon as I install back the game.

In the meanwhile, for uniformity with stock game, I would like to know is: do boats of a size comparable to "my" puffer include any basic 3D compartment as part of the main model? I am not too anxious to add any detailed interior, but I wouldn't like my model to look like an empty paper boat when her hull is damaged by a shell and, rather than metal compartments, you can see sea and sky through the holes
gap is offline   Reply With Quote