View Single Post
Old 12-16-20, 05:10 AM   #18
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oby View Post
Holy smoke, this is fantastic. Gap, Kapuhy, Rosomaha, thanks for your efforts of keeping the game 'above water' and interesting. Incredibly cool.
Thank you too Oby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oby View Post
It is often forgotten how much of a role these small vessels played during the war.
I have no information of Clyde puffers lost due to U-boat attacks, nonetheless those small boats actually played an "official" role in the Battle of the Atlantic since a number of them was requisitioned and impressed in Royal Navy service as engined naval lighters. Moreover, between 1942 and 1945 a class of RN auxiliary vessels, the Victualling Inshore Craft was purpose-built after the plans of two typical puffers.

For more on that, the following website has a list of puffers and VICs with short stories and basic specs:

https://puffersandvics.org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Game-related as in this game or games in general? First is exactly what I had in mind, second would be a bit off topic for SH5 Mod Workshop forum.
SH-related of course

the possible subcategories that come to my mind are: ships/boats, submarines, aircraft, armaments (guns, mortars, racks, throwers, etc.), ordnance (bombs, depth charges, torpedos, rockets, mines, etc.), U-boat equipment, beacons (lighthouses, day marks, buoys, etc.), buildings and landscape features (ports, towers, churches, bridges, coastal defense emplacements, rocks, etc.)

Last edited by gap; 12-16-20 at 05:18 AM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote