View Single Post
Old 12-13-19, 10:49 AM   #5393
FeatsOfStrength
Gunner

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Default Swordfish Scourge

So i've started a new 1939 campaign, starting in a Type IIA with the highest difficulty settings i've tried so far.. The Type IIA really is a clunker, I upgraded to a IID as soon as possible and by comparison it handles so much better. My second IID patrol I was assigned AN14 north of Scapa Flow and my god... I have never seen so many Swordfish aircraft, not really thinking I powered through to the centre of the square before I started being attacked by Swordfish aircraft, coming three at a time.. I literally shot down 12 of them in the space of 14 hours before retreating into the North Sea, having to crash dive every 30 minutes when a new echelon of Swordfish flew at me until the weather thankfully turned from clear skies and sill sea to heavy fog and waves (the only time i've EVER been happy to see this weather).

Is having this many aircraft repeatedly attack you normal in January 1940? did I kick the hive by shooting so many of them down? Literally only stopped because I ran out of Ammo, I don't know how the AA gunners on the Bismark had such a tough go at it, they explode like balloons filled with hydrogen from a couple of well placed 20mm bursts.
FeatsOfStrength is offline   Reply With Quote