View Single Post
Old 09-19-22, 03:52 AM   #1
dashyr
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 181
Uploads: 0
Default Found a small, interesting fix. [3D Audio]

I am going to assume a lot of people have this error in the audio settings. Something about hardware 3D audio not working right.

Well, I finally found a software that emulates 3D Audio, works with Dangerous Waters (Every other I tried didn't including OpenAL) and is compatible with virtually any sound card.

It is basically a modified version of an old version of Creative ALchemy. The modification was made by a member on the Creative's forums according to the notes on the site. It should work with a vast majority of game INCLUDING EAX features. But, really, what matters here is that it works for Dangerous Waters.

https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/f...emy-universal/

The process is simple.

1-Install the program.
2-Reboot when prompted.
3-Start Creative ALchemy Universal.
4-Add a new profile and direct it to Dangerous Waters' directory.
5-Before confirming, increase the buffer to at least 10 to meet the minimum recommended by Dangerous Waters.
6-Enjoy.

I tested it and while it isn't a HUGE improvement. (I'm pretty sure the game tries to simulate it on it's end.) It IS indeed an improvement and give a tad bit more clarity to the sounds. Given that this is a simulation and sound is one of the centerpiece of the experience, any improvement is welcome no?

Just wanted to share that with you since I found nothing about this on your forum and you guys have been so helpful in the past.
dashyr is offline   Reply With Quote