gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MataHari View Post
* Download link restored *

Hello gap,

When I tested the Mast Height values with TWoS mod (16:9), I was getting erroneous results (ex. 11% error for the C2-S-B1 Merchant).

To get an accurate result, the graticule scale on the periscope must be calibrated with the Cameras.cam AngularAngle.
So I redrew the graticules for a more precise scale, and by try-and-error, found the AngularAngle.
I then manually measured each ship's Mast Height, Length, Width with the new graticule in Test SingleMissions.
Nice job

Quote:
I realized that different Classes of ship with the same 3D Model have the same dimention values, but the ID Manual says otherwise.

Ex 1:
DDType34 Class and DDType36N Class both have the same 3D Model: NDD_Type34A.
The Mast Height is listed at 26.6m and 26.8m respectively.
But both were manually measured at 25.8m in a Test SingleMission.
Mast height of the Type 34 Class Destroyer is exactly 26.7713 m, measured in a 3D program

Anyway I doubt that this level of precision would increase in-game hit ratio significantly. For my standards, using 26 or 27 m (without decimals) as recognition manual entry would be okay.

Quote:
Ex 2:
BBNewYork Class and BBKongo/BBProvence Classes have the same 3D Model: NBB_New_York.
The Mast Height is listed at 48.6m for the first Class, and 39.2m for the other two classes.
They were all measured exactly at 48.6m.
48.72424 m exactly. This time you got closer. Again, for me any integer between 48 and 50 would be fairly acceptable.

Quote:
Looks like what I'm measuring is the 3D Model which is identical in those classes,
even if in reality they were different and listed as such in the ID Manual.
Yep, you are correct. If you look into each ship unit's unit_Ship controller (in sim file) draft set there is relative to unit's 3D mesh.

Quote:
I also noticed that the measured Mast Height remains constant, no matter what type of cargo, what temperature or salinity of the water the ship is on.
I don't think variable water density is simulated in game, but internal cargo might have an effect on draft. External cargo does nothing indedd: it is there just for eye candy.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote