Old 10-06-21, 08:28 PM   #3866
caps
Nub

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0
Icon12 can't pan the deck gun left/right problem in details

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The gun pans fine in the modded game here. For one thing though, when reporting a problem, saying the "i followed the instrustion of installing this mod exactly" and something doesn't function, you either need to consult the "SH4_Q-Ref_Card_Front.jpg" and / or "SH4_Q-Ref_Card_Back.jpg" files in the 'root' of the modded game folder and find if the keys for operation of devices is changed (a LOT of them are), or you need to consult the "ActivatingFOTRSU.pdf" and / or "Install Notes For the Various Versions of SH4 in Windows.pdf" and make certain that you "exactly" followed the instructions.

Number one thing, if something is wrong with the mod, we have no idea where to look to find it, because we have no idea about your install, nor your gaming situation. You mention "Steam", so this begs the question "where do you have Steam and the SH4 game(s) installed?" If you are in one of the Program Files folders, then that would be the main issue with your problem. If you have the game installed in a 'proper' folder, then the question is "did you extract and activate the mod correctly?" If the folder structure is incorrect from an improper extraction procedure, then you will not have a properly activated mod. If you do, then the question is "did you activate LAA or the 4Gig Patch?" Not activating, or not properly activating a 'memory manager' on the SH4.exe file will result in the game not having enough RAM to load completely, but usually results in an eventual, if not immediate CTD. If those are done properly, then the question is "did you delete the Save folder data before playing the modded game?" If you didn't, then you have a mix of what you had before, and FotRSU, which usually results in a myriad of oddball issues.

So first of all, post some detail of what you have done for the game install and the mod activation, etc., as well as details of the issue such as "sailing from Manila in a Sargo boat, assigned off Indo-China, and when I went to attack a sampan, my cannon would not traverse to be able to target it." One little detail of the modded game, is that you MUST apply a gun crew to the gun, even if only you will operate it. You need a gun crew for a timely reload, and to elevate and traverse in a timely manner. The stock game is like that also though...

thanks for your replay, really appreciated that.sorry for not post in details.

1.i played the original game v1.5 on steam with keys for operations default. i played submarine school -> artillery training EZ 1943 porpoise class. In this senario i could pan the deck gun left/right even without fisrt mange my crew on the deck gun. and the gun is reloaded.
2.when i install this mod, i deleted the save folder first in my computer "C:\Users\18981\Documents\SH4". And my steamlibarary locates in "F"".
But i didn't uninstall, completely delete my sh4, and reinstall before i activate the mod with JSGME. after i activate the mod, i activate the LAA on the SH4.exe.
Then i played the game and saw the mod worked because the interface has changed. i went to the same senario- artillery training ez 1943 porpoise class. and in this senario i myself couldn't pan the deck gun left/right. then
i mange the crew on the deck gun. they also can't pan the deck gun. But the can fire it on my command.
caps is offline   Reply With Quote