View Single Post
Old 01-03-10, 10:35 AM   #9
Asakura
***21547;***12415;***31505;***12356;

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post
you answered it yourself, you werent detected yet because you were submerged so once detected they fired at you.

the key is in the detection or not being detected because your already too close. i could be wrong about weather they will fire at you or not but it does effect your gun crew firing, if the AI doesnt report it as a new contact its like they are blind sometimes lol.

you can have trouble with things not being reported if they are already in range so if you have trouble with things aproaching unannounced then check how close you have them to your sub
So if I'm dived and in sight range of the enemy, there should be no problem with the AI. Good to know that for future missions. Thanks. ^^

Quote:
i see you got your avatar
Yes, Neal did even more than I asked for. I simply asked for switching to the female avatars, but he put in that little avatar and a custom japanese title right away! I love it! ^^

Quote:
here you go

SH4 Mission Designers' Forum: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=222

and the best forum to get the most help and quickest reply to your sh4 mod questions is

SH4 Fleet Boat Mods Workshop: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219
Thanks again, I'll head there for some hints and info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
No, No, I do not know more than you, we sometimes know different things and we get an answer by putting our heads together.
That's the spirit! It doesn't matter how much one knows, as he still doesn't know everything. Two minds working together are always better when it comes to troubleshooting.

Quote:
@Asakura. That is the way I try to do all my troubleshooting, look at the simple stuff first, then proceed to the more difficult.
I guess it's my thing to think complicated first. I started looking for mistakes in unit properties, objective settings, triggers and events and so on. I also went through the mission parameters, but I would've never thought of the date being the problem - instead I changed weather settings in that panel. >.<
To be honest, I didn't know the exact date of the Pearl Harbor-incident. I only know about 1st of September 1939, when Poland was invaded and England and France declared war, so that the war in Europe began. But when the US declared war to Japan was unknown to me - until now. I guess I'll remember that date from now on.

Once again, thanks to both of you for your fast and accurate help.

"Und der Kompass zeigt nach Norden, ich kehr zurück zu dir, meine Schneekönigin.
Denn der Kompass zeigt zum Nordpol hin, der Kristall steckt tief im Herzen, das nur schlägt für meine Schneekönigin."
Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote