View Single Post
Old 01-02-10, 08:18 PM   #1
Asakura
***21547;***12415;***31505;***12356;

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default [Mission Editor] AI doesn't react

Hello everyone!

I have a quite annoying problem with the Silent Hunter 4 (v1.4) mission editor and I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I was directed to this forum by a co-skipper who says here on Subsim, someone will surely be able to help me out.

What happened so far? I created a test mission in the mission editor to get used to settings, waypoint system and so on. Roughly, I put in a minefield, my sub and a japanese warship right in front of me. I start the mission, the japanese warship obviously opens fire. I kept playing around with the settings until I started working on a second, more serious mission. I did everything just the same as I did in the first mission (as far as I can see in the editor). I put in a japanese taskforce heading towards Midway, and in order to intercept it, I placed two player-controlled submarines (is going to be multiplayer-cooperative) and a couple of US ships heading towards the Japanese. Waypoints are all set, interception works.

The big problem: The AI doesn't do anything but heading towards their waypoint! Meaning the Japanese do not open fire on either my surfaced sub or the US ships. Also, the US ships do not open fire on the japanese taskforce. I recognize the Japanese starting evasive maneuvers when I fire torpedos at them, but afterwards they go back to direct course towards their waypoint, not firing or keeping evading.

I hope someone can help me out on this! I desperately tried everything to get it to work, but I'm out of ideas what might be the reason. I'm looking forward to your hints, thanks alot in advance.

"Und der Kompass zeigt nach Norden, ich kehr zurück zu dir, meine Schneekönigin.
Denn der Kompass zeigt zum Nordpol hin, der Kristall steckt tief im Herzen, das nur schlägt für meine Schneekönigin."
Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote