View Single Post
Old 03-13-17, 04:07 PM   #4
Feldpost
Watch

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0

Ahoi ionizedphil,

i just finished my first missions in your game

I like the way you implemented the interior of the submarine, suits very well for roomscale VR!
Nice effect when you drown - Great job so far for a two man team!

I fully understand, that you aim for a more arcardish submarine game, but since you posted in subsim.com, you will also get some constructive critics

I would suggest:

* use relative bearings instead of absolute compass bearings
especialy for Hydrophone and Periscope, maybe let the compass-rose rotate around the hydrophone, but the top should be ship-ahead and not north

* i like the Idea/Implementation of the rudder control (manual and assist/set course), just rename 'Rudder assist' to 'Set Course'...

* switching manual and 'rudder assist' could also switch a strategic and a tactical map view... (for future releases)

* the turn rate of sub is much to high... your base game has a lot of potencial for typical evade situations, in VR!!. There should the rudder be manual, the map 'roughly' based on hydrophone...

I already love your periscope (for not roomscale-VR-subsimmer: lol, you actualy walk around the periscope and it feels plausible ) and dive control, also your anti-air implementation.

Maybe this is a local bug on my setup?
* I don't hear the engines of other vessels, neither over hydrophone or when i dive directly under them...

wishes for the future:
* able to enter the 'bridge position' - binoculers, basic steering from bridge (like: course 10° port, engines half) - get the sub in an attack position from bridge position...

Your VR game has the potiential for things like no sub-game before: ..evade... VR strength: hearing the destroyer from left... claustrophobie.... depth charges take X- seconds for y - meters...!

- Feldpost

EDIT: i fully understand the 180° turn when switching the compartment for roomscale reasons (like in 'chair in a room'), but the 90° turn when entering and leaving the bridge?

Last edited by Feldpost; 03-13-17 at 04:25 PM.
Feldpost is offline   Reply With Quote