View Single Post
Old 01-27-17, 02:07 PM   #126
44m44m
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0
Icon14 What I did in 1997

I was born on 07/04/1997, and when I was 3 years I watched "Run Silent Run Deep", " Grey Lady Down" and " The Enemy Down Below" with my dad, instead of watching "Ice Age" and "Toy Story" like my other peers. I have always had a fascination with the Navy or anything Submarine.
When I was in first grade in 2002 I saw "Das Boot" and " U-571" and fell in love with German U-Boats and that's when I got hooked with the " Silent Hunter" series starting off with "Silent Hunter II" and when I got the game I needed some help with navigation in the career mode of the game. I went on my parents Dell Computer with Windows 99 operating system and a very slow dial up internet and found this website called " Subsim " that gave me advice throughout the years, and made me feel that I was not the only one who had the same love and passion for submarines.
I still browse the forums and the mods that I browsed 15 years ago and hopefully my children will to. I just want to say thank you "Subsim" for being their then and being here today.

Happy anniversary
44m44m is offline   Reply With Quote