View Single Post
Old 01-26-24, 05:34 PM   #122
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

8 June 1942
  • uneventful turn; Lashio troops attacked by enemy but they surprisingly manage to hold out thanks to the defensive bonus in the mountains.
9 June 1942
  • I-23 fires torpedoes at Prince of Wales near Baker Island in the Gilberts, misses.
  • I-158 torpedoes and sinks a minelayer at Esperance, Australia, takes depth charge damage after and sets course for home for repairs. The sub was on a mission with one other to mine Esperance and Albany--the Albany minefield was spotted and is already being cleared, but this one appears to have done unnoticed.
  • I've begun landing troops on Efate. This was an important base for the enemy months ago, but we bypassed it while taking New Caledonia; with the fall of Fiji I have some idle troops that can head back and deal with this.
  • We shot down 2 Blenheims attacking our troops in the mountains around Lashio.
  • We routed a force of 26,000 troops outside Sian, but we had over 400 squads disabled in the effort. This could potentially complicate things when I reach Lanchow.