View Single Post
Old 09-20-10, 04:20 PM   #223
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd_von_Mumit View Post
Somehow I knew it would be you to answer - you're an invaluable asset, SubSim community should catch you, keep in an isolated glass tank, feed and make you work harder.

Back to topic: your attack disc and the bits of information you dropped about how it was made actually incepted me with the idea described above. However you mentioned a few times, that the movable parts of AD are attached to circular indicators (variables?), and that you are already out of these variables for use with other interface elements. The tool I'm thinking about (a slipstick) would make little sense without the Attack Disc as well - or, rephrased: Attack Disc is more valuable a tool to have than a slipstick (it is my opinion, I know some would not share it - it's quite irrelevant now though).

So the question is - could we have such tool as an addition, without getting rid of the Attack Disc? The important part of its description is: none of the parts needs to be (or even could be) attached to any sub related value/dial.
you can share dials - i.e. multiple items can use the same dial. Therefore you could make your new tool and link the discs to any dial. You have to link them to a dial to get them to rotate with mouse or you can use keys to rotate the discs.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote