View Single Post
Old 04-14-21, 12:22 AM   #3039
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer View Post
I started a January 1943 career with a GATO from Midway. Before leaving I selected the aft-mounted 4" deck gun but once at sea I discovered that the gun had no crew slots allotted and so could never be manned.

It's not a big deal, although I prefer aft mounts where historical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer View Post
As an inveterate instruction-reader and self-help fan I get all of the rage above. All I would like to know is how to refit with an aft deck gun and get the crew spots to man it.

Sadly, either there is no solution or my post was lost as the page turned
A turning of the page is my excuse, and I'm shtickin' to it...

Did you happen to remove your gun crew prior to changing the weapon fore to aft? Did you happen to check for the slots prior to departing on patrol with the new gun position? If you had the slots after departing, did you Save the game, exit the game, then come back into the game and Load that Save, so that the game "initializes" the new gun location? Either way though, refer to Section 3 of the "NewColetrainsAndOthersDGfix.pdf" file in the Support / HowTo folder, also linked to in the "01_FotRSU_TableOfContents.pdf" file in the Support folder... This is a Stock game issue that will apparently always haunt the game...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote